Mom

Michael's Mom came to town Monday and she came with a bang!  Poor Vicky's car broke down more than 5 hours into a 6 hour trip.  Bummer!  Fortunately, she was so close to my house that I could run and pick her up and tow her car to my favorite trusted mechanic, right down the street from me.  We all needed to go out to Olive Garden for some yummy dinner after that!  :-)

After dinner, we came home and she and Kara played some checkers.










After that we changed into pjs, popped some popcorn, and had a movie night.  We watched Wreck It Ralph, which was a really cute movie.

The next morning, Mamaw helped brush Kara's hair since she's so much gentler than mommy, and we were ready for another fabulous day.


The first thing they did was make paper airplanes.  Then Mamaw had an idea - she looked up how to make a paper helicopter.


There it goes!  That was sooooooo cool!


After this, Michael took us out to lunch - my favorite, Chick Fil A.  Then after we visited for a while, Michael headed back to work and we went to pottery class.  Kara is an old pro, but this was Vicky's first time - she said she really liked it!











After that Vicky and I took Kara to a nearby park.  I have LOADS of pictures from that and will post them next time.  :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
When Gma is around, mom never does anything right! But that is always fine with me! =)
Vicky said…
I had so much fun with you and Kara last week! The only thing missing was Tim for our Euchre games! Maybe next time!