What a day!

Kara had to go to school today, even though Michael was off for Columbus day.

I woke up super early to get Kara off to school on the bus.
When it was a decent time, I texted a big happy birthday to my mom.  :-)
Then I did a BUNCH of chores.  (I have a while yet to get the basement back in order.)
Then Michael and I headed out to shop.  I needed to get several heavy things, and I figured I could bring "my muscle" out to carry it for me.  :-)  Two sets of shelves from Target, one large area rug from Target, and one new tv for our bedroom later, we headed to Red Robin for a nice date/lunch together.
Michael dropped me off at my mom's house where I met my uncle.  Yeah, that's weird.  Long story sort of short, my mom and her brother and sister were raised by their aunt and uncle because their mother was unfit.  My mom as a 6 year old little girl saw the neglect and was starving, so she took the responsibility on herself to ask her aunt and uncle if she and her 3 year old sister and 1 year old brother could live with them.  They gladly said yes and raised them with a TON of love.  It turns out, my mom's birth mother had another son after that and raised him.  Yeah, not such a great childhood for him.  Anyway, we're just now discovering he exists and just now meeting him.  It was really nice.
I came home from meeting my uncle to find Michael installed our new tv and moved our old one to Kara's room and her old one to the basement.  Wow, it's not every day I get surprises.  I can't tell you what it means to me.
More and more chores.
Picked up mascara at CVS for $3 a piece.  (normally $7.49 a piece.)
Shoo-weee I'm tired and it's only 6:45.  I think it's time for a shower and pjs and some good tv.
Oh, gotta finish laundry.  *sigh*

Happy Monday everyone!  :-)

Comments