Kara's Plan

Just like her mother, Kara is a planner.  During bath tonight, Kara explained to me what her future will be like....

"Mommy, when I grow up, I'm going to have four kids.  Two boys and two girls.  But only one can be in my belly at a time - no twins.
If the boys want a dog, I'm going to say yes.
If the boys want a snake, I'm going to say yes.
If the girls want a gerbil, I'm going to say yes.
If the girls want a fish, I'm going to say yes.
I'm going to have one in my belly, and the next week I'll have another one."  (I explain you have to wait a year in between when you can have another baby in your belly.)
"I will wait a whole year to be uncomfortable.  One time I was at the doctor and we saw a lady with a baby in her belly and you told me it was uncomfortable."  I laughed and explain it's like having a back pack on backwards - uncomfortable and heavy and in the way and hard to sleep.
"Okay, I'm going to have a baby in my belly.
Then when that baby is one, I'll have another one.
When the first one is two, and the second one is one, I'm going to have another one.
When the first one is three, and the second one is two, and the third one is one, I'm going to have another one."
I say, wow, that's a lot of babies.  I'll be here to help you with them if you need it.  I can feed babies and clean your house and make them lunch."Okay, but you can only help with the boys.  Well, you can have one boy and one girl and I can have one boy and one girl."  I smile and say DEAL!  She gives me a big hug and says,
"I hope you remember all of this!"

LOL!!!!!

The trick is to marry a wonderful man like Michael who always tells her, "sure".  :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is SOOO cute!!! Kayla told me once when she was about four that she was going to have eight kids. I said, wow okay. Then she says, "only I don't how I'll get eight beds in my room". I said, "OH you won't be living here!!!!" ROFL!!
jessicaday said…
That is so cute! I love this age. :-)