Wednesday, Feb 2nd

Happy Groundhog Day!

Today was another normal day in my life. After dropping Kara off at school I met my mom at the gym for a workout. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill without realizing I was on there so long because I was chatting with my mom. 5 minutes later I got off there and headed to the weights. Yesterday I did arms, so they were pretty sore today, so I worked the legs. Wow, I couldn't do much. After two sets of 30 I was done.

Kara and I at Target two years ago. This has become a tradition. :-)

I came home for a shower and made some phone calls about tax documentation we still need. Then I picked Kara up from school and went with her to Target. We LOVE Target. We love to eat lunch there - we share a turkey sandwich - then we shop a bit. Sometimes it's for fun, sometimes I have a long list, and today I had a short list. We needed more sparkly headbands and Valentine's cards for her class. I ended up getting Valentine's cards with fun dip built in - how cool is that! Then I got a few little presents for Kara for Valentine's day and one thing for Michael. Oh, and I found shirts to workout in. The huge old t-shirts make me look as big as a house, let's face it, I kind of am, but all that material is annoying. Oh, and we ran into our friends from church while we were at Target - I love that!

Now we're home playing chutes and ladders, playing with Kara's new snakes and old elephants, and doing laundry. I also called the insurance company about the tree that fell in the back yard. I'm making dinner out of a box tonight, so I have the afternoon free.

Tonight it's dinner, then bath for Kara and bed for her at 7. Afterwards Michael and I watch Jeopardy together. Some days we do well, some days we blow it. The college week is coming up so I know we'll do well soon!! :-) Then it's pjs and bed and sleep by 9:30.

Good day, good life. God is awesome.

Comments

Vicky said…
She is so cute with her sunglasses on her head!
jessicaday said…
I agree with you! She's so cute. :-)
Kattrina said…
Two sets of 30 are a lot - maybe do two or three sets of 12 with a 60 second break in between. If you can do 30 reps then the weights are probably too light. Just some advice that you probably don't want!