President's Day Weekend

Kara went to Tim and Vicky's (Michael's parents) for the weekend. Friday we met in the middle (three hours drive for each of us), to drop Kara off. When I got home I went to dinner with my parents and Michael, then over to my friend's house for a movie night. We saw Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Anisten. It was really funny. I had a great time, as I always do with Joy, and didn't get home until 3. That's pretty normal for Joy and I - we just can't stop talking! :-)

Saturday I went to my sister's house early to get ready there and watch Twilight with her. Then she had her pampered chef party (at 1:00), which included many of my friends and mom and sister of course, and I bought lots of goodies. Then I stayed after everyone went home (around 5) and visited with Christina and Tony. It was so great. I only get to do that (without Kara of course) like twice a year, so it's precious indeed! After I got home, I watched tv with Michael and had a good talk about our finances since Kara wasn't there to interrupt us.

Sunday was church, then New Moon (Twilight 2) and Eclipse (Twilight 3) with my sister at my house while I did laundry, dishes, etc. Michael and I were going to go out to a movie, but we were too tired so we just watched a movie we saved a while back on our DVR. One minute into it Michael realized he'd seen it before, but we watched it again anyway. It gave me time to do the bills, clean Max's cage, and make tea - little things like that - since I'd seen it before.

Monday we left first thing to pick Kara up. I didn't sleep well because I had a dream I overslept so I woke up every 30 minutes to check the clock. Don't you hate it when you do that? We had a great lunch with Tim and Vicky at Ruby Tuesdays, then headed home with our girl. I hadn't seen Kara 2 minutes before she was asking if she could go to her other grandma's house when we got home. And, of course she said yes, so we dropped Kara off on the way home. :-) I unpacked and got ready for bed. The traffic was not so lovely on the way down to pick up Kara and it was really bad on the way home. Since it was late, I made scrambled egg sandwiches for dinner and could barely hold my eyes open at 6:30! I was able to make myself stay awake until 9:00. The next thing I knew, it was 5:30am and Michael was crawling back into bed instead of going to work. Today is a snow day! Kara is home and we all slept in. Ahhh, now we're watching Tom and Jerry while Michael shovels.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Your sister is selling Mary Kay AND Pampered Chef!! She must be a selling whiz!!
Elisabeth said…
How can you watch movies while doing laundry, dishes, bills, etc?! Doesn't sound very relaxing to me!
Vicky said…
WOW! You must have gotten a TON of snow!
jessicaday said…
Ha ha! No, Kattrina, she just sells Mary Kay - her friend sells Pampered Chef. And, yes, I'm broke. :-)

Liz, I am a multitasking master!

Mom, it really wasn't that much snow - Maryland just closes at the drop of a hat.