Strawberries

Hands down, my favorite fruit is strawberries. I love strawberry flavored things, things with strawberries in them, and most of all, plain fresh strawberries. I remember being pregnant and buying a container of strawberries at the grocery store and eating them all in one sitting. (Are you surprised Kara loves strawberries now too?) :-)

The best strawberries I've ever had in my life were from a random, country road, roadside stand of freshly picked strawberries. It was a hot summer day in June and I was on my way home from a day trip with my old boyfriend, and we stopped to get a snack. This was all there was on that country road, and the strawberries were dark red, super juicy, and warm from being outside. They were out of this world!! Thirteen years later, I still remember them.

So, after dinner tonight, when I looked in my fridge and found a bowl of strawberries leftover from the superbowl party, I was excited to melt some chocolate and dip those strawberries in them. Kara was up for it - until I realized she was licking the chocolate off the strawberry and double dipping! Lol! I gave her a spoon and finished off the bowl of strawberries.

Did you know strawberries are super good for you? My friend who's a doctor said they're one of (or maybe THE) healthiest fruits there are. They have so many vitamins in there that even though he doesn't like them, he eats one every once in a while because he calls them a little vitamin nugget.

The newest thing I want to do with strawberries: use my homemade blueberry muffin recipe with strawberries instead. Who wants to come over and help me test the recipe?

Comments

Vicky said…
I DO!!! I DO!!! I've got a TERRIBLE hankering for something sweet!!! Guess I'll eat some pineapple since I don't have any strawberries! That's pretty good, too! Cut fresh by me! :D
Elisabeth said…
I want to try them too!! I love muffins!