Merry Christmas


Last night we had my sister over for a tiny Christmas celebration. We opened all presents to and from her, and saved the rest for this morning. I asked everyone to be here this morning at 9, that way we could get breakfast going, and I wouldn't have to make Kara wait too long since she normally wakes up around 7. Well, OF COURSE today was the day she slept in, and I didn't set an alarm, so when I woke up at 8:15, it was a mad dash to get ready for company that was coming at 9. Fortunately my mom came early and woke Kara up and got her dressed. AND she brought breakfast. Yay!

We did Kara's stocking, breakfast, opened all presents (which we managed to spread out for a whole hour), and a nice BIG dinner. I made roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, and Maureen's sweet potatoes casserole. My mom made a cool focaccia bread. Yum! Of course we munched on homemade cookies for dessert.

Over all it was a great day. Kara got mostly little trinket type things, lots of stickers, new sparkly shoes, and beads to make necklaces. Her one big present was a beautiful jewelry box from my parents. (It's nicer than mine!) :-) She LOVES playing with jewelry, and now she has her own jewelry box full of her jewelry. So far it's all plastic jewelry, but I'm sure there will be more real stuff to come - especially since she got her ears pierced recently.

I got from my fabulous husband an adapter for my car to play my MP3 player. I didn't know something like that even existed. Apparently it plays the music into the radio waves, then tells you what radio station to put your car on, and bada-bing, you can hear your music. I can't tell you how excited I am about that. This is one of those things he listened to me a month or so ago and snuck and ordered for me. I LOVE surprises! He also got me a Team Jacob shirt. I know, I know, I'm one of those people. But, I've wanted one for so long now and I think he's such a cool husband to get me a shirt about a boy I like in a book. :-)

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
we want to see pictures!!
jessicaday said…
Your wish is my command! :-) Check out Facebook.