Homeschool - 9th grade is more than halfway done

All the blogs and youtube channels I read/watch are abuzz about back to school.  You know our homeschool schedule is different - we school year round and tend to finish about a month early each year.  So, we started this school year in January 2019.  I think we'll be able to start next school year December 2019.  We may wait for January 2020 though.



First, I wanted to look through to see how much longer each subject we are currently working on would take.  I wrote a whole paragraph and it was so boring.  Here is a chart (yes, it is copied from a spreadsheet - spreadsheets are how I stay organized):

finish:
Geometry
Spanish 3June
Physical ScienceNov/Dec
GeographyOctober
Bible HistoryOctober
WritingAugust
HealthAugust

It will only take that long because we are taking a week off in October and a week off in November.  By the end of this school year, Kara will have 11 credits for high school:

Algebra 11
Algebra 21
Geometry1
Physical Science1
Astronomy1
Geography0.5
Roman History0.5
Writing (English 9)1
Health0.5
Physical Education0.5
Bible0.5
Spanish 11
Spanish 21
Spanish 30.5
Total Credits11
I can't say enough how proud I am of her.  She is very academically minded, so homeschool has been this wonderful, flexible place where we could explore her interests, zoom ahead when she was ready, and slow down when she needed to (hello hormones!).

I have a list put together of what she still needs to graduate:

Pre-Calculus1

Biology1
Physics1
World History1
US History 10.5
US History 21
US Govt0.5
Economics0.5
English 101
English 111
English 121
Career Preparedness1
Elective1
Home Ec0.5
Consumer Math1
Programming - Python1

You guessed it - what's in blue is what we will do next year.  I will do a separate post explaining what we will do.  The books are coming in the mail - now is the time to get them on sale!

For now, I'll just leave with this bit of news.  I always planned for Kara to start taking college classes here and there while she is in high school.  I thought next year would be a great time to start with college level Spanish because it is still fresh in her mind.  While praying about it, I just don't have a peace about it yet.  I don't know if God wants me to have her fully graduated before she starts or what, but I do feel peace about waiting a little longer.  So, we will continue earning high school credits!

Comments