The Tabernacle

I absolutely adore learning from the Old Testament.  God's Word is spectacular from beginning to end, but the Old Testament constantly points to the New Testament and to Jesus.  The Tabernacle is no different.  I did a Bible study on the Tabernacle several years ago (and when I got the book out I was sorry to see so many blank pages - I'll have to do it over again some time), and Kara recently studied it for history.

After reading it with her and reading a long commentary for kids, I got my study book out so she could see the picture in the back of it to get a visual.  Her assignment was to build it from legos or whatever, but I know my kid.  I assigned her to make it in Minecraft.






The veil.

The basin and the altar.

The lamp stand ended up a little big.

The ark ended up a little small, so she labeled it in a
big way to give it importance.
This was such a fun assignment and I think she'll remember it a lot more because of good old Minecraft.

If you haven't studied the Tabernacle before, I encourage you to.  Each detail down to the color of the stitching has meaning and points to Jesus.  It's so beautiful.

Comments

Vicky said…
Very cool! Great job, Kara!