Math moments

When Vicky was here, she snapped this picture of me teaching and I am so grateful!  I have pictures of Kara learning, but none of me teaching.  During math, Kara assumes the position of whatever-is-comfortable-right-now, while I teach on the white board.  I have a chalkboard next to the white board, but during algebra, we are finding it easy to teach/learn with multiple colored markers.



When it's Kara's turn to do exercises, she prefers to stay on the floor, right next to her desk, and do the work on white boards.  I would prefer she sit at the desk, use a pencil, and use paper.  Why don't I make her?  Because who cares??  She can sit at a desk and use pencil and paper during the quizzes and tests, so who cares.


Math is going really well this year, thanks to a curriculum change a month or so into school.  (Thank you for lending us the book, Jessica!)  It's hard for me to be flexible, I admit, but it has been so worth it!  She still doesn't have an A in the class, but her B is high enough to bring it up with the next test.  She knows all of the lessons and makes silly mistakes like forgetting the negative sign.  I'm very proud of her for learning such a tough subject at her age.

Even if it is on the carpet.

Comments

Vicky said…
You're welcome, Jessica! :D For the picture, that is!