Sneaky Maryland Trip and the Dentist

As you saw on Facebook, I made a quick trip to Maryland to see my sister and Tony.  They haven't seen me since the day I came home from the hospital and it did their hearts good to see me well and normal again.  Even my dizziness went away right before I went!  Mind you, I wasn't going to see every friend of mine while I was there, just Christina and Tony.

Thursday afternoon I drove the hour and a half to the Birmingham airport, parked my car for the weekend, and headed inside.  Let's just say the security line was so short that the chick fil a dinner line took longer!  lol.  I was at my gate in plenty of time to relax and eat my dinner.  When dinner was done, we started lining up to get on the plane.  I had a B group boarding pass, so there weren't any aisle or window seats left.  I knew I wanted to get off the plane as quickly as possible because I was so excited to see Christina, so I picked a middle seat close to the front - far enough away from the toddler in the front that screamed the whole flight, but close enough to the front that I still had my bag up top right next to me so I could get off the plane really quickly.  An hour and 35 minutes later, we landed early at BWI.  It took forever to walk through BWI.  I forgot how big it is!  lol.  Tony and Christina were both there to pick me up.  Christina got the first two hugs, then Tony got the third and fourth.  :-)  Everything was good now that we were all together and we slowly walked to their truck and headed to their house.

It's good to be at Christina's house.

We stayed up too late talking, just like the old days when I would spend the day at their house when I lived in Maryland.  But this time I could just walk upstairs to go to sleep instead of driving home first.

The next morning (Friday) we decided to run errands that Christina usually has to run on the weekends, but we went out to lunch and I got to see Tony's first flip house while we were out.  I saw the house in January right before he bought it (the realtor let us in).  Then I saw it in August when it was done, under contract, and right before closing.  What a difference!  He did an amazing job.  I'm so proud of him.

Running errands has never been so fun.

We tired out pretty quickly with our errands, so after the flip house, lunch, Target, ALDI, and Lane Bryant, we headed home.  I got to work on some laundry while we watched movies and waited for Tony to come home from the work he was doing at the flip house.  Then I made the chicken bacon ranch dinner for us.  We stayed up too late again - we were having so much fun!  You know you're good friends when you can't tear yourself away - even from just sitting around talking and laughing!

The next day (Saturday) we had tickets (the best tickets of my life!) to the Orioles game, so we planned our day around that.  I was able to see Christina's new office (I love being able to picture where she is every day) and make a yummy chicken quesadillas lunch.  When they were here in the summer they said they really liked mine, which was all I needed to hear to make them for them whenever they want!  <3

Christina and I in the back seat on our way to the game.

I hadn't been to an Orioles game since the mid to late 90s, so it was fun to be back.  The Orioles are a big deal for Christina and Tony, so I just fed off their excitement.  The opponents' color was also orange, so it was just a sea of orange in the stadium.  We arrived early to get our free bobble heads, to get our dinner, and to get a selfie!  I pulled sister rank and made Tony do it.  :-)  We got the iconic clock in the background.

Let's go O's!

Well, the game stunk with a capital stink!  It was so boring that the whole stadium was pretty quiet.  I was just happy to be in the middle of Christina and Tony and to be outside on a summer night.  By the sixth inning we were dying to go home, so we did.  We stayed up way way too late that night talking and goofing off.  :-)

Sunday was our free day, so I did a bit more laundry (it was hot and sweaty at the game - gross!), mopped the floor, and goofed off.  Here I am trying to get a selfie with Jake.




He didn't get it.  lol.

Jake kept getting up from his bed to come sit at my feet.  I could tell he missed me - sweet boy.

I wanted to go see Tony's bee hives, so we planned our day around that.  I saw them last year, but his business has grown quite a bit since then.  We drove around to all the beautiful parks where "his girls" are and they were happily working, just as busy as....well bees!  Poor Tony got stung in the process, right under the eye.  When we were done, they showed me all the damage done to historical Ellicott City from the flood that I saw on the news.  Incredible.  In a bad way.  We used to go there every week for pottery - for years.  We still couldn't get down to where pottery was because the roads were still closed, but we saw miles away where cars were washed down the river.

While we were out, we drove right near one of Tony's favorite parks - he loves to mountain bike in this park (something he won't be able to do for a long time, thanks to his messed up hand from the jet ski accident with me).  Since parks/trees are my happy place as well as his, we pulled over to go for a nice walk and see a pretty overlook.

The rain cooled it off a bit, but it was seven thousand
percent humidity out there.  Sweat!


Tony may be rough on the outside, but he
is a marshmallow inside.  And Christina
is his sweetest spot - he'll always help his
sweetheart down the hill.

Here he is pointing out the overlook.

The sweet couple.  This Friday marks the 17th anniversary
since they started dating.  Basically, they've been together
FOREVER.  :-)

Overlook

"Stewart girls" making the view look even better.  ;-)

This tree looked like he could walk - those
roots were so cool.


Sunday evening we went out to a nice Mexican dinner since none of us wanted to cook.

Then I had to pack up and leave Monday morning!  It came way too soon.  BWI wasn't too crowded and I knew I was at my gate when I saw a pretty girl with a Roll Tide bag next to her.  When we stood up to line up to get on the plane, three different people (all from the south) let me go ahead of them.  Ah, I am missing home.  The flight was empty enough to have an empty seat between the lady sitting by the window and me, which means it was a great flight.  We landed 10 minutes early, which adds up to the perfect flight.  I got myself some lunch, even though it was only 9:30am central time, because I had eaten breakfast four hours ago.  I ate on my way home and was home in time to take a nap until our dentist appointments!  lol.

Speaking of dentist appointments, the dentist is re-thinking Kara's need for braces.  That's a good thing because I'm pretty sure there we won't get them for her.  Her teeth are absolutely beautiful and white, which she gets from both of her grandmothers.  Unless there is a medical reason to get braces, we're going to let those natural pearly whites show themselves off.  Oh, and her gums are in much better shape than last time too - I haven't been brushing for her lately, so I'm proud of her for stepping up.  Six more teeth to lose and that's it!  One is loose now, but it's a back one so it doesn't feel too wiggly and doesn't prevent her from eating on that side.  I'll be so glad when loose teeth are done in this house - she handles it as poorly as I did as a kid.

Now, time to book flights back to Maryland to see my sister again.  We decided six weeks was long enough to wait.  :-)

Comments