New Years Resolution

This year, I'm not going to make the same new years resolution everyone is making about losing xx pounds.  Being a plus sized woman, I think that is setting myself up for failure.  Whether I'm a size 14 or 18, I'm not really going to go outside of those sizes, and no one cares anyway.

So, my resolutions this year are more about taking time for my hobbies.  I have a lot of free time now that Kara is in school, so I'm vowing to spend some of it (after volunteering at church, attending Bible study, and helping a friend/sister when they need it) picking up my old hobbies.  You see, after feeling a little lost with Kara busy, this is a way to find me again, and this is what makes me, me.

Some of my favorites recently are:
  * reading
  * baking
  * cooking
  * exercising

Some of my old favorites from before Kara was born are:
  * cross stitch
  * crochet (not sure I even remember how)
  * and I never did learn to knit

So, I think a trip to the library and a trip to my old craft closet are in order!
Here's to a great new year - 2012 is going to be wonderful!

Comments

Vicky said…
I'll get you started knitting when we visit.....whenever that will be.....hopefully not too far in the future!