My little author

Instead of just reading 20 minutes every day for homework (assigned by the teacher), Kara decided on her own to write a book too.  With Daddy's help, she wrote a book about gerbils.  Here it is:


I have a gerbil and you should too, because a gerbil is really fun to play with. Do you know why gerbils are so fun to play with? Because you get to chase them in their balls!

Gerbils can stand up like a human. Also, gerbils like to chew a lot of toilet paper rolls.

This book was created on a Tuesday, in the night time.

This gerbil has a brown tail and feet.

My gerbil is gray, not brown.

This gerbil is standing up like a human. It looks like he is rubbing his hands together. I like my gerbil too.


These gerbils are babies. And you should know that because they are pretty small and cute. They have tiny little pink noses and ears. These are in a hand too.

Here is a gerbil that is laying down. This gerbil is pretty cute. All gerbils have pink ears inside. And some gerbils will let you hold them in your hands, if you can catch them.

These two gerbils are brothers. The gerbil on the right has fur that needs to be brushed, and he is holding on to the finger.

I bet you this gerbil likes presents with a bow on top of the lid. I think this present has some treats in it, but the gerbil will probably chew on the box!

This is a gerbil birthday cake. This cake has chocolate on top of it with lots of candles. The gerbil cake is not going to taste very good.

This gerbil is chubby and fat and he is eating some kind of treat. This gerbil has the same kind of bedding that my gerbil has had before. But it is not the purple bedding or the colorful bedding.

This gerbil is cute in a hand, and is holding a gun. That is pretty funny! His feet are sticking up too!

It looks like this gerbil pulled a booger out of his nose! His ears are like the ears of other gerbils, except baby gerbils.


This gerbil has the same wheel as my gerbil. It is the same color and looks like it is the same kind.

This gerbil looks exactly like mine. He is gray and has red eyes, just like my gerbil. I think he is on a shirt with a purple button, and he is looking right at you.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I wonder why she thinks the gerbil cake wont taste very good?!
Vicky said…
LOL! I wondered the same thing about the cake. Who knows! I hope you are saving all of her childhood things she is doing! I sooooooooooooo wish I had not gotten rid of the kids stuff. I could've scanned everything and kept them digitally. Who knew back then?!
Anonymous said…
Love it! Too cute! Definitely a keeper!
jessicaday said…
Isn't she cute? :-)
I'm not sure why she said that about the cake - she wrote it with Michael. Knowing her, she either thought it was made for a gerbil (out of gerbil food) or she may have thought it had gerbils baked right in! lol! I'll have to ask her about that.
I am saving a lot of stuff. The benefits of having only 1 kid and lots of storage space!
jessicaday said…
She just said the cake would taste gross because gerbils have fur. She thought she'd be eating real gerbils. Lol! She's so cute.