Wednesday and Thursday

I know this is long. Probably no one will want to read this whole thing besides Liz (and maybe me sometime in the future). That's okay. :-)

So, we left for the beach yesterday at 8am since it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes to get there. My mom came with us, which was awesome. Not only did I have someone to talk to, but I had someone to guard the bags while we did bathroom runs, food runs, and paying-for-metered-parking runs.

Hannah and Kara had a lot of fun at the beach, of course. After we had been there about an hour, Hannah said, I want to go now. I said WHAT? I asked if she was feeling sick or something. She said no, she just wanted to go. Well, okay. It's a long way to drive for just that, but we did go for her, so we'll leave soon. Before we leave, would you like something to eat? She said yes, that's why she wanted to leave. Well, we brought food to the beach, silly! After her belly was full, we were good to go for the rest of the day! Lol! She ONLY wanted to play in the water and Kara MOSTLY wanted to play in the sand. Hannah would NOT play in the sand with her more than 5 minutes, so they compromised and played in the sand right near the water. Perfect! Those girls are getting it.

After a long drive home where Kara proceeded to pass right out, we were home by 6ish. They said they wanted to go swimming in my mom's pool. I texted Michael and said, it's your turn! They swam for a good hour or two while Michael watched them and I unloaded the car, started three loads of laundry, ate dinner, etc. I didn't even get my shower yet and they were home already - so I bathed the girls first and then finished myself.

Then, right before bed Michael and I were watching Jeopardy and Hannah had her hand in her mouth. I was getting ready to say, leave us alone, we're watching Jeopardy (because they came in and interrupted twice already), when she twisted her tooth right out! I squealed and made sure to make a big deal out of it for her. She was so excited. Unfortunately Mommy was at church, so she wasn't able to get ahold of her. Then, the Tooth Fairy came and brought three pieces of candy and a dollar. It's funny how the Tooth Fairy has come for Hannah three times in our house, but she won't be coming for Kara. (We aren't going to do the Tooth Fairy.) Hannah asked me at the doctor day, "Is the Tooth Fairy real?" I hate those questions - and I hate them more when it's not my kid. I said, "If your mommy says she is, then she is" and changed the subject REALLY fast!

After that long day, I was wiped out, and so were the girls. I have been giving Hannah benedryl before bed, so she passed out right away, and even though Kara napped in the car, she went to sleep really quickly too. (They were both up watching a movie when I went downstairs to fold a load of laundry. By the time I came back up, they had turned it off early and were both asleep!)

I am SO SO tired! Today, they sweetly let me sleep in. Now that I add it up, I think I slept about 10 hours last night. Hannah woke up with her rash spread down her arms, up her neck, and on the bottom of her cheeks. And on her legs. When I saw it getting close to her face, I said no more messing around. We're going to the doctor. Elisabeth graciously worked really hard and canceled her morning plans to get all the insurance information out to Kara's pediatrician and I made an appointment for 1:15. The girls just played around the house in the morning - cartoons and toys. The doctor said it was most likely an allergic reaction to something. And since little Michael had the same rash, it was probably something they were exposed to when they were together. (Which makes more sense because all laundry detergent and soap and food she's had here, she had last year and she didn't have any problems.) Anyway, the doctor prescribed her steroids for 5 days and benedryl twice a day until the rash goes away.

We went to the mall afterwards so the food she took with the medicine could be ice cream. They played on those coin operated rides - I even paid for two - and then we came home. I am tired, have I mentioned that? ;-) Michael is taking them fishing on his boat after they're done laying down for a little bit. Hannah's sleeping off her benedryl, then they're going out. It's nice that Hannah is a country girl because she can fish with Michael and Kara!

And now we're caught up. Tomorrow is going to probably be swimming in my mom's pool (we had to take today off, according to the doctor), and maybe go to the bouncy house at the mall. Before Hannah goes home we have to do sparklers for the fourth of July, make smores (because Kara has never had them), play at some playgrounds, and watch the planes land.

I love the conversations I've been having with Hannah. Things she loves (and doesn't love) about Ryan and Abigail. Things she wishes she could do - like fly on an airplane. (Hannah said, I've never been on a plane. Kara said loudly, what do you mean you've never been on a plane?! Lol!) Things she loves about Jake. How she loves art at school. The older she gets, the more she likes seeing me on these trips, which makes me so happy. Probably next year I'm going to set aside a day where Kara will go with my mom and Hannah and I will hang out. I love that girl so much.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I didn't realize you weren't going to do the tooth fairy! That's the only thing we do out of all the make believes (Santa, easter bunny, so on). If I had known I would have had you tell her the tooth fairy will come when she gets home! Is Kara going to expect it when she looses a tooth?
jessicaday said…
Nah. I'll just explain it to Kara like everything else. I don't mind. And Hannah loves it. I'd do anything to see that look on her face. :-)
Vicky said…
You may answer this question in your next post, but I'm curious is the rash is disappearing by now. Sounds like you ALL are having a wonderful girl time! Love it!