Good First Day

The girls stayed up late playing in Kara's room last night - I guess they went to sleep about 10:30. So, when I got up around 7:30, I jumped right in the shower so I'd be ready for the mall whenever they were. They decided to hang out around the house and watch cartoons and play first, so we didn't leave until after 11!


We went straight to the food court, then we played at the play area. Hannah insisted over and over she wanted to get her ears pierced, so we went to pick out which earrings she wanted, and she abruptly said, "okay, I don't want to anymore" and that was that! So we spent the next several hours trying to find something for each member in her family to spend her $17 on. That's hard at a mall! So, we went to Target next and had more luck. Poor Liz got about 10 texts from me asking about these presents, but I think she ended up with some really good things. I was just so touched that when Hannah got her first good amount of cash in her little pink cinderella wallet, she wanted to spend it on her family. I taught her how to get money out of her wallet and give them the right amount and then put the change back in her wallet. She was walking PROUDLY through the mall with her little bag. She said, "I can't believe I bought something with my own money. I'm like a grown up." :-)


The girls fought a little bit while we were out - and after having a little talk with each girl and a couple of "I'm sorry's", I think we're good to go. We hung out around the house the rest of the day and that was fine with me! They put on play clothes and played in the backyard. And they played upstairs and downstairs and in the basement. Hannah said my house is the coolest because it has stairs! She's so cute.


After fish sticks and tater tots, Hannah said, "do you think we could go swimming now?" After I called my mom, I said, "she said yes!" Hannah said, "Mom-maw's are so great. They always let you swim in their pools. You won't even be thinking about it and they'll just call you and see if you want to swim." It was the sweetest thing! (If anyone reads this that doesn't know, Hannah's Grandma lives nextdoor and has a pool.) I love that Hannah and Kara both know the love of awesome grandparents. :-)

After a LONG bath, we're going to watch The Wizard of Oz with popcorn in Kara's room. I am VERY proud of how they came to this conclusion - they each compromised a bit - obvious improvement from earlier today. I'm so proud of those girls I could cry.

Time to get the movie going! Tomorrow we're going to Washington DC to the Natural History Museum. We're mostly in it for the train, but the museum will be fun too. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Yay!! I'm glad the day went uphill and not downhill after the shopping!! I love the pictures, too, keep them coming! I can only recall one other time that we let Hannah spend her own money and it was just as much a hassle then! We always put it in her piggy bank and then when we get lots, we put it in her savings acct so I know shopping was soooo much fun for her! Thanks again for all you are doing with and for my girl! I hope these are memories she'll have forever! BTW, I didn't mind the texts at all. Any time you need something, I'm just a text away! =)
Vicky said…
How sweet! I'm so glad that Hannah is having a good time being away from home. I believe it is Brad's mom that has the pool, not Brad's grandma who lives next door.