She's here!!

After church this morning we left late at 11:26 to go get Hannah! Kara was talking a mile a minute and jumping off the walls. She was so excited. I decided to bring a kitchen timer with us in the car so she wouldn't have to ask ME how much time was left - she could just look at the timer. It was awesome!

Kara napped in the car for a good 45 minutes, which helped pass the time and gave her MORE ENERGY! :-)


We got Hannah and the girls dug right into their bag of toys. They had a blast making a huge mess (which I made them clean up LOL) and then watched The Wizard of Oz. Hannah convinced Kara to switch headphones with her while they listened to their music. We just ate pb&js I made for the car and only needed one potty/gas break.

Kara said to me: "Mommy, thank you so much for driving all this way with me to get Hannah." Ah, that is so sweet!


They are going pretty wild now, since they were cooped up in the car all day. Now they're taking a bath. Here they are drawing snails. Hannah's artistic talent is shocking me!



After their bath, they're going to watch a movie in Kara's room before they go to sleep. Who knows when that will be! I know I'll be going to sleep early, and if they stay up late, maybe they'll want to sleep in too. :-)

Tomorrow's going to be the mall and other fun stuff around here - like making cookies or something. Then Tuesday we're going to do something fun like the beach or amusement park. Gotta see what the weather says.

Kara's an only child, so she keeps hugging Hannah, which is driving her crazy. Hannah has siblings, so she's not letting Kara have turns and teasing her. I am letting them work it out, but I'll be stepping in sooner this year than I did last year!

Thank you Liz and Brad for sharing your FABULOUS daughter!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Don't let Hannah run all over Kara! She needs to have the same respect for her that we 'try' to get her to have for Ryan. Good luck with that! =) She is pretty artistic, if I may say so myself. Must get that from mom...
Vicky said…
WOW! Fantastic snail!