Michael is a Five

First of all, Michael would never take a personality test.  He would say they are dumb and he doesn't care anyway.  Second of all, he doesn't have to take the test - I can tell exactly which number he is.

I copied this from their site:

The Observer (the Five)

Observers have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful. 
How to Get Along with Me 
  • Be independent, not clingy. 
  • Speak in a straightforward and brief manner. 
  • I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts. 
  • Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable. 
  • Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity. 
  • If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place. 
  • don't come on like a bulldozer. 
  • Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy. 
What I Like About Being a Five 
  • standing back and viewing life objectively 
  • coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects 
  • my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure 
  • not being caught up in material possessions and status 
  • being calm in a crisis 
What's Hard About Being a Five 
  • being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world 
  • feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all 
  • being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be 
  • watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally 
Fives as Children Often 
  • spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on 
  • have a few special friends rather than many 
  • are very bright and curious and do well in school 
  • have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers
  • watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information 
  • assume a poker face in order not to look afraid 
  • are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict 
  • feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected 
Fives as Parents 
  • are often kind, perceptive, and devoted 
  • are sometimes authoritarian and demanding 
  • may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
  • may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions 

Oh how I love my Five.  God knew just what He was doing when He put us together!

I suggest you and your husband take the tests, then look up how marriages work with your numbers.  I'll post Ones married to Fives tomorrow.  I totally needed this when we first got married.  Michael was a difficult guy to figure out!

Comments