Airplane and Highway

I have spent the last week with my sister, moving her here to Alabama with her hubby and doggy.  We have made a long, stressful process as fun as possible!  Let's go all the way back to Sunday, Feb 11.  After church and working at church, I headed out to the airport in Birmingham.  I left my car in the lot and flew to Maryland - it was probably the best flight I have ever had - thank you Jesus!



Meanwhile, the moving truck was at their house, loading up furniture and boxes.


By the time I got there, it was 9:00pm and they still had an hour to go!  Here are pictures of their empty house.  They have a lot of memories they are leaving behind, but so many more ahead of them.

Garage

Dining Room

Living room - The new owners get the sectional

Kitchen


Laundry Room




Living Room

Hall Closet

Master Bedroom

The people who bought this house have two kids and this is their dream home.  We are so thrilled for such a lovely family to move in to a house that has meant a lot to them.

They stuffed the truck so full, it was a little scary.  They way underestimated how much Tony and Christina had!  They estimated 8,000lbs and they actually had 13,000lbs.



Around 10:00 we headed to the hotel, where we stayed across the hall from each other in very nice rooms near the airport.  The next day would be the first day of travel.  So excited!

Monday morning we woke up to a yummy breakfast, a quick visit with my sweet Stephanie, and packing up the cars so Christina and Tony could settle on their house.  While they were signing papers, I was sent to the pharmacy to pick up one last prescription for them.  Holy cow - the pharmacy was in downtown Baltimore and I will be just fine if I never drive in downtown Baltimore ever again.  Or any city for that matter.  By the time I got back, they were finishing up and we went to Chick Fil A for lunch before it was time to drive most of the trip.

We drove 6 hours, and I got to show Christina her surprise for the car.  Jessica helped me think of this idea - each hour in the car had it's own playlist - according to groups of years.  Each playlist was 6 hours long, so Christina had fun songs to pick through.  Not only was this a blast, but it kept her super distracted and 6 hours in the car went by in a blink of an eye.


After a hectic, busy morning, after a week of tearful goodbyes to friends, coworkers, neighbors, and all they know to be familiar, we hit the road.  Six hours on the road were actually nice since the weather was nice, there was no traffic, and the music was great!

She's moving!!  Let's do this!

We literally sang our hearts out the whole six hours.  lol.




More about our fun week in the next post.  

Comments