Good Stuff

I haven't posted in a week.  I get on these kicks where I think I don't have anything interesting to say. Then I write a bunch in my prayer journal and get all the interesting stuff out there.

Well, here are some things, interesting or not:  ;-)

 * we heard a mouse scratching in the attic - turns out he was chewing our insulation.  We are bringing out the big guns (not literally - just poison) to kill those suckers.  They're field mice, so they are in here now that it's cold.  They are not welcome and must die.
 * I had a busy week, spiritually.  I was asked to help the leader of the women's ministry at our church AND was asked to be the finance team leader, beginning in 2018 (which will give me 2017 to learn what to do).  I am thrilled about both and feel God leading me to do both.  Between surviving the accident this summer, healing quickly, and hearing God tell me for months, "if you have faith, you will take action," I feel him leading me to go for it.  Keeping a healthy balance in my life, of course.  I will be praying all the way to make sure we're still good.
 * Homeschool is going well.  We finished our semester and so I decided to put out a report card for Kara.  We started real grades this year, but I let Kara correct her wrong answers and gave her half a point back.  She got all As.  This semester, if it's wrong, it's wrong.  I hope her grades don't go down too much because of that.  She almost had a B in math as it is.  Boy does it hurt my feelings to write a bad grade in her grade book.  I have to though!
 * Michael is working his way through interviews.  He is interviewing with a variety of different kinds of companies, but it looks like he will be able to work out of MD, at home.  So nice.  That would be awesome, selfishly speaking.  Not only do I want him home all day with us, but the higher salary doesn't hurt.
 * Kara has a cold.  She seems to get one every month.  A friend of mine mentioned she used to get one every month around her cycle.  I'm wondering if that is what's up with Kara (even though she doesn't have her cycle just yet).
 * Kara has been serving in church.  On Wednesdays (when needed), she goes in and helps the Children's director with whatever she needs.  One day they did a month's worth of printing curriculum for all the classes.  It took her (with Hayley) 4-5 hours.  One time she helped the other youth helpers get the supplies ready for each class.  They put all the used supplies from the last week back in the bins they came from, and pulled out the new supplies for each teacher.  She is loving it.  And since it's once a week, she isn't burned out.  In my opinion, she needs to work.  I think the best way to have her grow up and not be the stereotypical millennial is to get her used to work now so it isn't so hard for her later.  Also, work is Biblical and good.  Michael and I both enjoy work - of all kinds.  I want her to also.
 * Kara and I drove to Prattville, 3 hours away, to a Christmas party at Merideth's house.  We had a great time, and the day was too short.  We spent 6 hours in the car, and were only at her house 4 hours.  Next time we'll stay longer.

Here are some fun pictures from the last week:

This is what our new fire pit will look like.  I like the
seating all around it.

All through town, in addition to the other decorations,
there are these clusters of trees.  I love it here.

Driving to Merideth's house, we saw this
pretty church.  Hard to get a picture.  I
was so tempted to pull over.

Merideth's youngest - Walt.  He's 10 months
old and a gorgeous boy!


Shadow missed me since we weren't with
them much when it got really cold.
He's half asleep, not glaring.  lol.

Snuggle bug.

Kara's mean.  lol!

Comments