September with the Days

Apparently I'm not that into the blog these days!  Whew, it's been a while.

Our visits with both sets of parents were so great.  And you gotta love when parents come - they clean their bathroom for you before they leave!

So, what have we been up to....

Kara's emotions have calmed way down.  Like, she skipped this month.  Like, I'm afraid.  Very afraid.  lol.  Hopefully it's not doubly bad next month.  All the ladies in my Bible study with older daughters say 10-13 may be weepy, but 14+ is when they really get mean.  Help me, Jesus.

Kara had a cold over the weekend, so while laying around trying to rest, she decided to read the  entire Warrior cats series over again from the start.  She has had her nose in a book ever since - reading a book a day.  I'll always encourage reading.  Haven't showered yet?  It's okay, you're reading.  Want a book that's brand new and full price?  (To a point), it's okay, you're reading.

It turns out I have tennis elbow.  The jet ski accident is just the gift that keeps on giving.  lol.  Whether the elbow was pulled while being loaded into the boat or into the ambulance OR whether it is from overuse while my right elbow was healing, it's here either way.  It's hurt for about 2 months now.  The doc first tried meds to calm everything down in the elbow, but now it's time for physical therapy.  Joy.

The Bible study I'm teaching is going really well.  Well, Priscilla Shirer is teaching it, I'm just making sure the tv and dvd player works, the lights are on, and there are snacks.  :-)  We are almost done with the Armor of God study and will read Fervent next.  I'm still praying about it, but I'm thinking this will be a great follow up.

Homeschool is going well.  The struggle that is sixth grade seems to be over and Kara is really adjusting well.  I'm so proud of her.  Of course, being the crazy homeschool mom that I am, now that she is adjusted to the hard work, I added a little more.  She seems to be handling that well too!  I should be done adding stuff until......seventh grade.  (cue ominous music).  Each year is going to be quite a bit tougher than the one before that.  2nd - 5th grade was only a little bit harder each year, but this is different.  Middle school and high school.  Whew.  Big stuff.

Michael's work just did another round of cutbacks, so instead of being on a team of 40, he's on a team of 6.  He works quite a lot, but he likes it for the most part, so he doesn't mind.

Michael's excited for hunting season to begin.  This is his first year and he has a lot to learn.  He LOVES throwing himself into a new hobby.  A happy Michael means I'm happy too.  :-)

Kara's doing really, really well with horse lessons.  Her instructor asked if she would consider doing shows because she is really good.  Kara still says no.  She says she would have stage fright.  I get it - I couldn't do things in front of people either, especially at her age.  Since horse lessons are more about physical therapy and less about her love of horses, I won't push her.

I'm just getting over some weird allergy skin breakout thing.  This time of year, and in the spring, this happens.  Sometimes it's in between my fingers, sometimes my eyelids, and this time it was behind my ears.  How weird am I?  For vanity's sake, I'm glad it was behind my ears instead of my eyelids.  That's creepy.  Sunglasses feel better now that I'm healed though.

I have another trip to Maryland planned to see my sister, which I am very excited about.  Kara and Michael will stay home to feed the cats and ride the 4 wheeler and all that good stuff.  Who knows what else they do - probably not much.  Two introverts - they probably happily read all day.

Today was our first taste of cool weather.  It was less than 90 degrees today, and it was sublime!

College football is really fun this year too.  This is my second year watching football and I understand it way more than last year.  The first two games Alabama played were blowouts and boring.  So was the fourth game, come to think of it.  But their third game was against a pretty good team and that game was so good and so much fun.  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.  Michael even watched the whole thing with me.  Fun.  :-)

I think that's about it.  Things are busy here.  Life is good.  I'm still healing.

Comments