Walk with the Cats and View from the Bluff

It's been a while since I posted.  I have been so busy.  Between stuff for church, homeschool, and dealing with Kara's hormones (it's been a bad week), there hasn't been a lot of interesting things to post about!  But yesterday, amidst the busyness, we squeezed in a few fun things.

First, Kara wants to bring the cats to Florida when we go in October.  Of course, I do not want to, but this is one of those pick your battles deals.  One big thing about Florida is my parents live in a neighborhood and the cats can't run free.  Not only is it not allowed, but the cats aren't used to cars.  So, we bought harnesses so we could keep them on leashes.  Kara wanted to try it out, so we took them to the park near the lake.  It was approximately 9448 degrees, so we lasted a very short time.  Also, the cats hate the harnesses and leashes.  lol.

Kara took Shiloh, who crawled straight
under a tree to hide.

The lake was so pretty.

Kara DRAGGED poor Shiloh.

Drag

I walked with Shadow.  He wasn't happy, but if I pulled
gently, he would at least come.  (He's much more
obedient than Shiloh.)

Cheese!

And that's about it!  Both cats were panting.  We were sweating.  We are at that point in the year where it feels like it will never not be hot.  It's been super hot for months and months and we still have months to go.

In the evening, when it cooled down a bit, we went for a walk on our property.  They bush hogged recently so we wanted to walk down to the bluff and check it out.  I'm so glad we did.  Wait until you see what we found.

Kara started with us, then bailed quickly.  She has her
knee socks on because she wanted to go play in the woods
with the cats.

View of the lake down near the bluff.

View of the house, down near the bluff.

This is the edge of the bluff.

Rocks at the edge.

Michael said, "What?!  What is that?"

You'll never guess.

A cactus!!

Many cacti.

Edge of the bluff. Of course he stood too close to the edge
for my comfort.

He showed me the ledge below and
assured me he could crawl down
there if he wanted.

These are blowing my mind.

Look at all of them!


What are these?




Look at this little baby pine tree.

Sunset is so pretty, even when it's setting behind us.


I found yellow sweet peas.



It's getting pink.  Time to walk back up the hill to the house.

Sailboat.  I love our view.

Michael's parents are coming soon and we are so excited.  Every time we see anything we say, "we should do that with your parents."  "Oh, they would like that."

Comments

Vicky said…
Michael likes standing too close to the edge for comfort like me! :D
Can't wait to see you all.....1 week!!! :D
Unknown said…
Cacti!!! How cool!!!! And no, cats do NOT as a rule, like leashes. LOL