Life on the Mountain

September 30th marks two years since the day I felt I finally felt I heard from God to take the first step to move to Alabama.  I love, love, love reading through my blog two years ago and watching God move through each step to get us here.  And I loved, loved, loved how super close I was to God through the whole situation - I just adore Him.

For now I'll share some pictures from my phone so I can remind myself what we've been up to, then I'll go read my blog from two years ago.  :-)

I made cinnamon rolls the other day.  I forgot to account for just how much the dough would rise in the fridge overnight.  lol.


It cleaned up in like 5 minutes.

Cinnamon rolls.  Yum.


One of our cats, Shiloh, the girl, is a jerk.  When you call her to come in for the night (at dinner time), she won't come, or she'll come to just within reach, then run away.  I won't tolerate that.  Spray bottles don't work, yelling doesn't work, and she loves hiding under cars.  I'm SO not chasing her around every day.  So I got an idea (fueled by anger)....



After a few dunks (not her face), she was sorry.  Take a look at her:


Shadow watched the whole thing with the widest eyes I've ever seen on a cat.  We had to do it a few nights in a row, but funnily enough, she comes in at night now.  :-)

I know Michael got a new 4 wheeler for hunting, but this is what it's used for now:

Every single day they head out together.
Right now they go really slowly, but
it's time for helmets, I think.

Our Bible study's service project this semester was to cook for the local fire departments.  We decided on a lasagna dinner.  Here we are assembling the dessert while the second picture is someone getting a lasagna out of the oven.





It's cotton season here.  We don't have any here in town, but this picture was shared on Facebook and I had to get a picture of it.  So pretty.  I think they're picking the stuff near us this week, so we missed it this year, but maybe we'll see some in Georgia while we drive to Florida.


Horse lessons are still going on.  Kara has become so good they are begging for her to do shows.  (She still says no.  She said she'd be too nervous.)  I met a new person at the barn and she said Kara looked like a natural.  I said, "oh no, this is very hard for her - she looks as good as she does now because of 4 years of hard work."  I'm so proud of her.


Our new tradition - dinner before Wednesday night church.  It's such a pain to try to cook, eat, clean before church.  This is way easier!




We had one cool morning where I could open our back doors.  I don't get to sleep with the windows open anymore because Michael and Kara are both really suffering from allergies down here.  Maybe in a month or so when the pollen eases up.



Kara had an article she had to read for school, and I was happy to see she had no problem reading cursive.  Teaching cursive is something that was a priority to me.


Kitty burrowing her head in Kara's elbow.

Aw, love.




Kara driving me.  We were going one mile an hour -
slowly enough to take a selfie while driving.

And I really only wanted to go on the road.

Normally I'm a dare devil and would love to take off through the woods, but since the jet ski accident, I'm more cautious.

Kara had a difficult time with the analogy in number 1!
Kids these days.....


That one cool morning had me wearing
jeans!  Once!  Still bare foot though.

Kara's new shirt.  She LOVES it.

I found a new way to watch other football
games that aren't Alabama.  I put it on mute
and watch a show I love on my computer
at the same time.  Multitasking.  :-D








Kara hit her knee on the wall so hard, it
broke the skin a bit.  She's still growing
so fast and is so clumsy.


Shiloh is learning her times tables.  :-)




After the kitties get their energy out chasing each other, fighting, hunting grasshoppers, running up and down trees, they join us for school for some pets and some naps.  :-)  Kara loves it, can you tell?

Comments

Unknown said…
I love that Shiloh is learning math. LOL They look like such awesome cats! I love the one of both of them laying on Kara too!