Anniversary


Today is the 9th anniversary of Michael's and my first date. Since our wedding anniversary is in the middle of the holidays, this is the one we celebrate. Wouldn't you know it, we both forgot this year! We're not that old yet! As it is, Michael is working crazy hard and we can't really celebrate until later - maybe this weekend.

I am so glad he is in my life. I know I have a sarcastic sense of humor, and so does Michael, but we are really happy and see more and more how God designed us for each other. It hasn't been easy the whole time, but after some work, we're in a really good place. Michael's main theme for his life - he just wants me to be happy. Which means I get what I want just about all the time. My main theme for my life - think about Michael all day every day and show him I love him in all I do. The main reason we work together so well is the Lord. The second reason is because we laugh together all the time. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we have fun.

I love my life with that wonderful man!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Happy dating anniversary! I know how important that first date is. Mine and BRad's is coming up soon too!
Anonymous said…
Our first date anniversary is Tim's birthday!!! Yes, the first time I ever layed eyes on him (and yes it was a blind date!) was on his 21st birthday!!! I tell him I was the best gift her ever got!!! And our first date was Haunted Trails and Haunted Houses!!!! AAAHHH!!!! What a crazy story!!!
Vicky said…
WOW! How the time flies when you are having fun! :D

I still remember Michael telling us he didn't have time for girls and they could wait til after college..........then you came into his life! :D What more can you say?! We are glad you became part of his life, too!
jessicaday said…
Stephanie I went on one blind date and it was horrible! I said I never would again. I'm glad yours went well. ;-)

Mom, thank you so much! I don't deserve the love you have given me from the very start! We are so sure God put us together because I always said I didn't want a serious relationship either. Next thing I know three weeks after our first date I'm meeting his family. *sigh* It's God's timing, not ours, right?
Vicky said…
Yes! It is ALL about GOD's timing, not ours! He is NEVER late! :D