Music


Today I'm loading up my mom's mp3 player with a bunch of my music I think she'll like to work out to. I am definitely one of those people who loves music. Both of my parents do too, and I grew up listening to all kinds of things, mostly classic rock (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Boston, etc.), then we switched to 80s rock (Guns N Roses, Poison, etc.). I now love just about anything - Christian, Classical, Pop, R&B, Country, Rock, and Heavy Metal. Because I love music so much, I often find myself connecting a song with memories...it just brings me right back.
Here are my favorites:
Christian: DC Talk, Newsboys, Jars of Clay
Classical: Mozart, Schubert, Vivaldi
Pop: Brittany Spears (you know you like her music too!), Justin Timberlake
R&B: Alicia Keys, Beyonce
Country: Faith Hill, Wynonna
Rock: STP, Creed, Shinedown
Heavy Metal: Godsmack, Metallica, Rob Zombie

And my current favorite CD is the soundtrack to Twilight - Super Massive Black Hole by Muse is the best!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Wasn't your Dad a DJ? I remember you always had SOOO many CDs. I love music too. My favs for the moment are:
* All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar (from Juno)

* Llamada de Emergencia by Daddy Yankee

* Single Ladies by Beyonce (although that's been out for a while, I finally just got it on i-tunes...)
jessicaday said…
Yeah, my dad did that among other things - military certainly didn't pay enough to take care of a whole family. :-) He also was an umpire for softball. When I was little, my mom worked full time as a day care provider, then she cleaned a gym at night AND sold cakes. (That makes 6 jobs between the two of them, which was kind of normal for us - at all times there was at least 4 between the two of them!)
Kattrina said…
Wow - I can't believe your parents worked so much! My mom stayed at home until I was in the 7th grade and then worked 4 hours a week at the BX. She didn't get a full-time job until we moved to the States in '94. I'm not sure how they managed to stay afloat raising three kids on my dad's pathetic salary...but I guess living overseas made it a bit easier. There was no way we could afford it after we moved to the US - life is too expensive here. Even I work two jobs and I'm only supporting myself!