Working Girl

Have you ever wondered why you had to go through something in life?  Haven't we all wondered that?

Firstly, I am still wondering why Kara is going through what she is.  Probably to become the woman she will grow to be.  Boy what a story she will have.  I pray the Lord is her Savior and the Love of her life.  Several months in, I would say she has good days and bad days.  We are closer to figuring out meds that work, and therapy is going well.  She asked to bump therapy up to twice a week, and it is helping.  Her tough time and the coronavirus quarantine taught me to take each day one day at a time.  It's the best thing for my anxiety and the best way to handle a life you feel no control over.  The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

Secondly, I spent March through May sitting around.  I love work, and not having enough to do is hard for me.  I made work for myself by cleaning the house and cooking dinner, but it's not the same!  I watched a TON of tv, youtube, movies, etc.  I played games on my phone.  I read books.  I took each day one day at a time and worked not to feel guilty for all.  the.  relaxation.

Then Alabama started opening back up, and I got THE TEXT.

You see, usually when I have a slow, quiet season in my life, it is because the Lord is resting me up before He asks me to do something big.  Well, here we go.  :-)

On Tuesday, June 9th (which is also Michael's birthday), I got a text from the lady I work with at church, announcing she is retiring.  And she asked me to pray about taking her job.

Wow.

Yes, please!

I would estimate I know how to do about 50-75% of her job.  And I love every second of it.  I have so much fun doing any work at all at church.  You know I started volunteering at church doing finance things back when Kara was a baby.  I have slowly increased my tasks, and when I moved here to Alabama five years ago, my volunteering really took off.  Again, I enjoy every bit of it.  And I enjoy working with everyone I have worked with at church.

So, would I like to apply for the job?  Yes ma'am!

I got the text Tuesday, and was asked to pray.  I keep praying for God's will.  If it is His will for the church to hire someone else, I will happily continue to volunteer and assist the new hire.  If His will is for me to go back to work for the first time in 15 years, I am ready.  I talked with Michael and Kara and they both told me the same thing - they don't mind at all - they just want me to be happy.  Well, Michael said that.  Kara said, "I totally don't care."  lol.  Honestly, it's a part time job and I probably would get home about the same time she would be waking up!

Wednesday I had lunch with my retiring friend and we talked about how she made her decision and what steps to take to see about me possibly taking over.

Thursday Kara had an appointment with a new psychiatrist an hour away, which took most of the day!  So I just kept praying and dreaming about the possibility of going back to work.

Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday I have been working at church and/or learning new stuff.  I am having A BLAST!

We have plans to continue working just about every workday to teach me the rest of what I need to know.  She plans to retire by the end of the month, but it isn't set in stone.  If I have questions about anything, she is available.  And she is my friend, so our weekly lunch dates will still happen.

Thursday I will meet with the lead paster, the church treasurer, and the head of the finance team.  It will sort of be my interview.  We will talk about whether or not we open the position up to interview other people, or if it makes more sense to just let me have it.

Please pray for me.  I want what God wants.  Really.

I am getting organized - you know, instead of being a volunteer who takes a task, completes it, and returns the info to the person on staff that I am helping; now I am wrapping my head around being that person on staff.

I'm also excited to think about organizing my new office.

Do you like how I said "my" new office?  lol.  I want God to want me to take this job.

Comments