Looking for something to do? I have suggestions.

Quick update on Kara:  we have tweaked meds, found a way to start therapy via video chat, and are still taking a break from school.  She has had three decent days in a row, and I'm so so grateful!

I wanted to share what I have been doing during this social distancing time.  I started a week earlier than everyone else because of my knee surgery.  So, I have been home three and a half weeks.  Michael is still working just like he always did.  (Praise God he isn't affected.)  Kara is just getting through the days.  So, I'm pretty much on my own.  When I'm not cooking or cleaning, I have been resting this knee and being entertained!  lol.

Here are some things I've found to watch that you might enjoy:

Netflix:

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - This movie wasn't oscar worthy, but it is super cute and makes me feel happy.  Chick flick, romantic comedy, teen movie, so cute.


To All the Boys P.S. I Still Love You - This is the sequel to the other one - just as cute, maybe cuter.  Watch these two - they'll make you happy.


Outbreak - Yes, it's a little on the nose while we are going through a pandemic, but it's a classic and it's on Netflix.  Maybe we can learn from their mistakes?


Derry Girls - Everyone was talking about this.  I watched both seasons and waited for it to get good.  It's kind of funny, but I really just liked that it took place in the 90s and that they are in Ireland.  (I lived in England in the 90s, so there were some inside jokes and slang I understood.)  It's okay,  but I only watched it because I have time.

Good Girls - I actually watched this show before the pandemic.  Dude, this show is good.  Three moms commit crimes to earn money for their families.  Not suitable for kids, this show has heart and had me laughing.  It also was suspenseful.  Those ladies have to get caught eventually!


Breaking Bad - this is what we are watching as a family during dinner time.  The character development is incredible during this show.  Again, not suitable for kids.  Again, crime/drug things to earn money to save their families.  Whoa.  This show goes off the rails in the first episode and it only gets crazier.


A Bad Moms Christmas - This movie was so funny.  Let's stop making Christmas so much work.  Let's be kinder to our daughters.  Let's stop putting so much pressure on everything!  May we find friends who encourage us to do all of those things like these ladies have.  Hopefully they don't have stripper boyfriends.  :-o


Secret Life of Pets 2 - This movie is so cute!!  Cats and dogs.  So much truth.  They love their people and this movie is about one dog overcoming his anxiety.  What a great movie for right now.  Watch it.


V Wars - Yes, the V stands for vampire.  Don't scroll past this though!  Vampirism starts as a virus and spreads.  The media and government spin it out of control and don't handle it well.  Maybe we can learn from them too?  Anyway, after the initial virus sets in, the vampires are able to control their impulses and need to work on changing the way they are perceived by the general public.  The kidnap the person who is the key to reversing the virus.  Also, they spin the virus as human evolution - the next step in our story, and they will wipe "humans" out.


2012 - an old movie that I hadn't seen in a while.  I felt like it aged well.  It's entertaining, but tense.


He's Just Not that Into You - I've seen this many times before, but sometimes you need to watch a great chick flick with a million stars in it.  It'll make you appreciate the good man you are married to too.  I wouldn't want to ever be single again!


New Girl - Okay, this isn't a newly found show.  It's just one of my favorites!!  Each episode makes me laugh so hard that I cry.  And I quote it all the time.  I was able to get my sister hooked.  I'm still working on my mom.


Hancock - an old movie that is pretty good.  It's really funny.  Just when you think you know what the movie is going to be about, a subplot emerges and you are totally hooked.

Youtube channels I subscribe to:

Our Tribe of Many - This is my all time favorite channel.  They are an international Christian couple with 10 children.  Every single video they post is great because I totally love them.  Like, I think Sarah feels like my friend and I watch all of her commercials so she'll get paid for the video.  Their kids are precious and I want Kara to marry their oldest.  I'm totally not kidding.
Knorpp and South - An interesting family that travels all over the world with their 7 kids.  They just got back from Peru, which had stunning videos with beautiful colors during a dull January.
Ashleigh Nicole Wilson - vlog
Jamerill Stewart, Large Family Table - I love her.  Her videos aren't particularly beautiful or anything, but they are fun and you can feel how much she really loves her family and doing any and all work for them.  She is very encouraging and at the end of a recent video when she was encouraging us about Corona virus, she led us to Christ!  And they just moved and I love seeing their renovations.  Also, this pandemic has her setting up homesteading, something she learned how to do growing up.
SomersInAlaska - family vlog
Brianna K - cleaning
Lynn White - cleaning
Amy Darley - cleaning
Angela Braniff - vlog (Ashleigh's sister)
Hannah's Happy Home - cleaning, and they just moved and are renovating their fixer upper
Homeschool on the Hill - homeschool
Jessi Christine - cleaning
Jessie At Home - cleaning
Joanna Thornton - cleaning
Leann & Michelle - Enneagram comic relief!
Love Meg - cleaning
She's In Her Apron - cleaning
The Southern Coop of Many - my friend in real life's family vlog
This Crazy Life - cleaning
This Crazy Life Vlog - This Crazy Life's family vlog
This Gathered Nest - Angela Braniff's family vlog
Violett Vlogs - family vlog (sister to SomersInAlaska)
Well, That Escalated Quickly - This Gathered Nest's Angela and CR are starting a podcast.  Super funny.
and, of course,
Jessica's Happy Life - my channel!  I just posted - go check it out.

Games on my phone:


Sort it 3D - I am obsessed with this game.  I can't tell you what level I'm on because it's an embarrassingly high number.  Kara introduced me to it.


Bricks Ball Crusher


Block!Triangle Puzzle - Kara introduced me to this in the fall on our last airline flight.  By now, I have almost played every level in the whole game.


Nonogram - Kara introduced me to this too - you use your brain a little, but not as much as Sudoku.

Podcasts:


Living Proof with Beth Moore - they basically post Bible study and sermons Beth Moore preaches.  I love her voice, I love how much she loves Jesus, I love how much she loves the Word, I love how seriously she takes her relationship with God.  I get something from every post, no matter what.


The Popcast with Knox and Jamie - a super fun podcast where these two people talk about pop culture, or whatever else is going on.  I look forward to every single post, I laugh so hard at each one.  I subscribe to every single thing they do - I even pay $7 a month for Patreon for extra posts.  I would pay more if it costs more.  These people make me feel better and are so stinking funny.


The Bible Binge - Knox and Jamie from the Popcast have another podcast - this one recaps the Bible.  Sometimes by person, sometimes by subject.  They have fun with it and I have actually learned a lot!


The Big Boo Cast - Two of my favorite bloggers BooMama and BigMama do this podcast where they basically call each other up and record their conversation for us.  They talk makeup and skin care, college football, renovating their homes, etc.  They are so funny.  They are also authors - Melanie Shankle and Sophie Hudson


The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey - Jamie Ivey interviews someone super interesting.  They talk about whatever that person has accomplished for half of the interview, then the other half they talk about what God has done in their lives.  Usually they overlap.  After each interview, you know God is alive and working.  And that we are all hurting about something.  And that it's going to be okay.

Comments