Quick Updates

 * Kara is still struggling.  Right as therapy was starting and she was ready to reveal the big stuff and start working, the counseling center closed.  We are bummed.  She still feels like she is sick to her stomach at some level every day and continues to lose weight.  She asked for homemade chicken nuggets tonight for dinner - I hope that extra oil and grease gave her extra calories and sticks to her ribs!

 * We are staying home from just about everything.  Church is canceled and I'm not volunteering for now.

 * We aren't eating out at all anymore.  Let me tell you - this is what I miss - besides my friends!  lol.  It's literally been two days at home and I miss going out to eat with friends already.  Fortunately, for the first time in my marriage, Michael is really digging my cooking.  Hallelujah!

 * Kara still needs a lot of down time, but I am trying to relate to her and support her the best she will let me.  I know God has to grow her and mature her through tough times, but my mama heart still squirms when she suffers.



 * Spring has sprung and it's so pretty.

 * I am recovering from knee surgery.  I had a torn meniscus and the surgery was a quick 15 minutes. I was up walking on it two days later and driving two days after that.  I'm just sore now.  I have already been home a week, so this is my second week home.

 * I am cleaning the house, slowly but surely.  I would be a cleaning maniac, but I'm pacing myself, letting my knee tell me when to take it easy.  I sure want to ignore it and keep going like I used to in my younger days, but now I know I'd just give myself a setback.  Ask me how I know.  ;-)

 * I am grateful for homeschool.  We are on a break now, but as usual, what is going on in the world doesn't affect us.  We are doing what is right for us.

 * I am grateful for Michael's remote job.  He is still working - his days are exactly the same.


 * The pets LOVE that we are at home.  They hope everyone stays well, but they support the request to stay home and socially isolate.  They request that we do this more often.



* Please continue to pray for Kara.  Again, as long as she loves and seeks the Lord, everything will work out in her life.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
Romans 5:3-5

Comments

Vicky Day said…
Sorry to hear about your surgery, but glad you are doing ok.
Sorry Kara's sessions have been cancelled. Praying for Kara.
Glad Michael is still working. Mark's employer only has about 10 people on staff, so he is still working, too.
Love you all!
jeday0323 said…
I'm glad to hear Mark is working too!
Love you too!