My Girl

I just wanted to update you on Kara.  She seems to consistently have above average days.  Not necessarily great, but better than before.  She is still on the tiny amount of Lexapro.

Here she is voluntarily playing with the dog in my office
and talking to me.  Very un-Kara-like.  :-)
Next week she really starts her counseling.  She will meet with the counselor weekly for a while, and Thursday she meets with a second person - a psychiatrist - who will hopefully diagnose her so we can start down the medicine path.  (I'm hoping she isn't on medicine forever, but if she has to be, it's not the end of the world.)

She did confess to me that dealing with all of this right now has made focusing on school really hard for her, so we are taking a break.  What a great time in life and time in the year to take a break.  She is painting, going for walks, and okay still doing programming with Michael.  :-)  It's her favorite subject.

I came home from church/work to find her
painting away with her headphones on,
arms full of paint, in her happy place.
She also has really felt calm hanging out in the bonus room where she feels more independent.  Here she is in the fairly empty room feeling the anxiety melt away.


Thank you for praying for my girl.  God is doing wonderful things in her life.  Please keep praying - mostly that He is the One she wants to turn to.  This is the stuff that is helping her grow and mature.

Comments

Vicky said…
YAY! Good News! God is so good!