Recovery

I am feeling really good.  Of course my throat is swollen and sore and bruised, but that's to be expected.  I can't wait for that to go away because my throat has felt swollen for quite a while now, thanks to my double-normal-sized-thyroid.

I did have some digestion issues that everyone has with surgery.  I am past that and feeling more normal again.

I had throat pain from the breathing tube, but that is gone now too.  Popsicles helped a lot!  Kara helped me eat those popsicles.  ;-)

I cough every once in a while, but I use that little breathing toy to make sure my lungs are clear.  You know what I mean?  I had one last time I was in the hospital too.  Anyway, I can take clear deep breaths a lot more now too.

Every day I feel a little more normal.

The glue is pulling, but I'm grateful I don't have stitches.  Stitches are much more uncomfortable!

My neck is sore in the front and the back, but ibuprofen does the trick and I don't need the hard stuff anymore.

I am getting used to my new meds (the synthroid that replaces my thyroid), which make me tired.  Right now I just nap after I take them.  lol.

And that's my life!  Laying in bed and watching tv with Kara, and eating meals.  That's about it!

I still have many days this week where I can recover, so I plan to.  I want to make it to church Wednesday night, but other than that, I'll be in bed until church again Sunday.  :-)

I'm so thankful this has been an easy process so far!  I'm thankful it was me who needed this rather than Kara.  And I'm thankful it was me who needed this rather than Michael.  I have time and I'm feeling good.

Check in with you later!

Comments