Kara's Writing Today

Here is Kara's writing project from today.  "Write about a pet you had.  Describe their appearance and personalities."  Of course, this just poured out of her.

About nine months ago, I received cats, a boy and a girl, and I have learned much about them in that time. Observing them and learning their personality is something I do unintentionally, but it’s interesting looking back.
Shadow is a long-haired, full-figured black tomcat with a brown fur pattern on the underside of his tail and legs, on his mane, and across his stomach. His eyes are a light shade of green-yellow with a bit of blue around the outside. He is the dominant cat and has a kind of strut in his walk, but he’ll submit to me and will enjoy getting his belly rubbed. He, as an outdoor cat, has a large territory of forest and patrols it daily. Shadow also loves food; he purrs when I call him in at night to eat. He’ll eat two or more scoops of dry food a night, which is equivalent to nearly twice the weight of his head!
Shiloh is a beautiful black she-cat who is so fluffy, she’s really mostly skin and bones, but looks as large as her brother. She also has a brown pattern, but it’s more on the bottom of her paws and across her neck and front shoulders. On her front shoulders, it’s more reddish than brown. Her tail has beautiful raccoon-type stripes on the lower half, which is the most visible when it’s being illuminated by the sun. She has green eyes, which are known to change color—Sometimes her eyes are yellow, like when she’s playful, and sometimes brownish green, which is usually when she’s lovey. Shiloh loves hunting and will catch grasshoppers very often. She is like a dog in several ways; she wants to be pet and loved on constantly, and she loves playing with her ball. Shiloh will follow me anywhere and loves when I throw her balls for her. She especially loves her ball that lost its bell. She’ll submit, but she likes to pretend she’s the alpha; some think she hunts so much because she’s looking for something to dominate.

I love my cats, and they love me; I love the woods, and so do they; I call them in every night, and they come. The next morning, I let them back out, and it’s play for the rest of the day, even in between school subjects. I know that they’ll only live for fifteen to twenty more years, but I’m determined to give them a good life until the end. 

How cute is that?  "Until the end."  Oh, and "full-figured" is because I was sick of her calling him fat.  lol.

This picture was on my "On This Day"
on facebook.  So cute!

The tornadoes never came today, praise God.  Some cool clouds hung over the lake as the sun was setting.  (The sun sets behind us.)



Comments

Vicky said…
She is good! I wondered about that "full-figured" comment, LOL! And she looks so cute holding that huge fish next to her daddy!

I sent you another e-mail yesterday about Easter. Maybe I better check my spam folder. Weirder things have happened, LOL!

Love you!
Unknown said…
Quite the writer!!!!