Renaissance Festival

We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday.  I took loads of pictures of all the interesting people.

These ladies were on stilts at the entrance

This lady was blowing bubbles on top of the castle as we went in and as we came out

My sister with Kara

Not really sure how the whole avatar looking girls connect with the Renaissance, but they were happy to pose for pictures

Headdresses for sale








Awesome food at the Renaissance Festival - this was the only healthy thing, and no one really ate this.  Everything else was chocolate-covered-cheesecake-on-a-stick, deep-fried-macaroni-and-cheese-on-a-stick.  Whoa.




Don't really understand the tails, but her costume was very pretty


Don't get the horns, but they were fun





Kara!  Love her face paint.


Not thinking these are costumes, but a couple that dresses alike, and in tye-dye deserves a picture.

Uh oh  :-)



Can you see SANTA?  Yep, I'm definitely feeling this is a costume party instead of a Renaissance Festival.  :-)





Pirates!



Kara and her wolves.  :-)  Look at her face - she's thrilled!



Kara and Christina were buddies that day - I love those two.

Another avatar girl.  I'm focused on Tony instead, but I meant to be on her.  You gotta be committed to paint your whole body on a 91 degree day.  How did they not sweat it off?  I'm so confused.

Aw, gypsies in love

Hand blown glass

Hand blown glass demonstration

May pole

Good bye!

Comments

Vicky said…
That picture of Kara I got off of FB is beautiful! LOVE those colors on her complexion! I'm working on a scrapbook page with that photo. Where was the Renaissance Festival? Can you give me a little detail to include on the page?
Unknown said…
That looked like a VERY cool event!
Elisabeth said…
I've never been to a festival like that but it looks pretty interesting!