July 2019

Mark and Vicky came to visit and we had a blast playing cards and Sorry.  I hope they wanted a relaxing visit because we didn't really do anything or go anywhere!  That's how we roll at the Days house.  Unfortunately, it was so hot out that we couldn't even sit on the porch to look at the view much.  (Don't feel too badly for us - we saw it from the card table.)


But it was too hot for corn hole and too humid to fly drones.  We stayed in the air conditioning!

Any time I spend playing cards is a good
time in my book.  Even though this is
a terrible hand in the game we were
playing.  lol.

Kara doesn't like cards, but she loves Sorry!

Kara was so tired while they were here.  I didn't know what was going on until the day they left, I was super tired too.  For days and days.  And my ear hurts.  I'm thinking it was some kind of a bug.  So, we slept!  We are feeling much better now.

Kara needed to have a tooth removed.  Here is an x-ray:

Can you see that little bitty tooth?  It never broke through
the gums.  Can you see the root of the tooth next to it?
Whoa, it's a doosey.



They had to put her under anesthesia - this was her first time.  She did really well and didn't have any upset stomach issues.  I had her take the big pain meds they gave her before she went to sleep so she wouldn't wake up in terrible pain.


So far all she has needed is the same extra strength tylenol she takes for headaches.  She takes about 2 a day.  It is only four days later and she is feeling really good.  Just needs those tylenols every once in a while.  She is eating fine and sleeping fine.  Ah, youth.  :-)

Meanwhile, here's some cute kitty pics.  I couldn't find Shadow in his favorite spot in my closet among my shirts, but I knew he was in there.  When I turned around, I found him!




And Shiloh is so cute I can't stand it.  She's sitting with me as I type this.



I had to take this picture - all of this heat and humidity has her curls looking amazing!

Comments