Fractured After All

I had my first MRI on Monday and it was so much fun!  I have dreaded MRIs all these years, then when I needed one, it wasn't that bad.  I went up to Scottsboro - a nice country drive up the lake on a sunny spring day where everything is green again put me in just the right frame of mind - CALM.  So, I climbed onto the flat table, they got my elbow situated, I put ear plugs in my ears, and they put headphones with a microphone on me.  They asked if I'd like to watch tv while I'm in there.  Um, yes please!  They gave me goggles that played tv!  I watched an awesome episode of Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals (who knew she still made those?).  The cool part is I had the goggles on before they put me in the tunnel, so I never did see how tight it was in there.  I was laughing and smiling and had to remember not to move so they could get an accurate reading.

The next day my doctor called me with the results - my elbow IS fractured!  Well no wonder it hurts so much!  No wonder I can't put any weight on it.  No wonder I can't straighten it.  Monday I have an appointment with an orthopedist and we will go from there.  I'm thinking 6 weeks later we won't do a cast, but maybe physical therapy.

Anyway, MRIs aren't to be dreaded.  Especially if you live near me and can go enjoy a fun show while they take pictures of your insides.

P.S.  If Urgent Care says your bone isn't broken, but you know something isn't right, go get some answers.

Comments

Vicky said…
BUMMER! Glad your experience with the MRI wasn't bad, however! Can't wait to see you all!