Pantry Cleanout


Quick update on my elbow:  it hurts.  lol.  I'm using it too much and it hurts more.  You're welcome for the update.

When I got groceries last weekend, I realized my big freezer was stuffed full.  So, I got Kara to help me on a project.  We made a spreadsheet of everything in my fridge, freezer, pantry, and cupboards.  Holy moly.  Look at this spreadsheet:


After that, I made a Pinterest board with recipes that use as much of these ingredients as possible.  Here are recipes I tried so far, and whether or not we liked them.

The second bag of marshmallows melted
too much and it turned out kinda gross.
Michael is eating them though!

These were delicious.  We had them with steak.

This was so good.  Michael didn't like how this
salad "was too coleslaw-ish"

All three of us liked this.  It was fast,
cheap, easy, and super heavy.  Good for
winter.

This recipe didn't have enough sugar
in them and these were kinda bland.
Not to mention, they baked looking
kinda vulgar.  O.O
This is why I didn't bring them to church to share with the
staff.  Not appropriate to eat booby muffins.

I thought this was delicious.  We had
this with the steak and green beans.

I've made these before.  They are so
so delicious.  Kara likes them too.
They aren't sweet enough for Michael.

These were SO GOOD.  But Michael and Kara
didn't really like them.  Fine with me - they took
forever to make.

And now I'm realizing why my elbow may be hurting so much.  That and all the laundry and dishes.  And cleaning the cat fur.

At least the bike ride with Kara went well:


My elbow didn't have a chance to hurt because we only made it like 10 minutes.  We are both so out of shape!  (P.S.  It was, like, the coldest day of the year yesterday.  lol.  At least we did it!)  I'm looking forward to going out today.

Comments