Birmingham with Merideth

Saturday Merideth and I met in the middle of our houses for a Used Homeschool Curriculum Sale that was going on in Trussville, a suburb of Birmingham.

Look at the goodies I got!  (Let me just say it's hard to find high school materials at these places.  I really miss the days of colorful charts and big, fun, *cheap* curriculum.)

First, these fun things from the FREE table:

This looks like study cards for the SATs, which can be made into a game.  Michael and I would SO play this game with her.



With Kara's favorite color being royal blue, plus working hard this year to teach organization, I was so glad to find these at the free table:


This Weather book is way below her learning level, but I plan to use it as a cute supplement to the weather unit we are doing later this year.  The Geology book looks awesome.  We are still trying to decide on what Science classes we are going to take in high school.  Since Kara loves Geology, I'm thinking this free book may just be God's providential hand working.


Inside the Weather book:


Inside the Geology book:


Again, these were free, so I had to take them!  I'm not positive we will read Treasure Island, but whenever we talk about poetry, Robert Louis Stevenson is always the author of the poems Kara likes the most.


Again, we are learning organization.  I paid for this one, but how neat!



I like to use these at the end of every school year to make sure Kara is on track and we haven't missed anything.  Last year these helped me realize she needed stronger teaching on probability.


Math
Reading
I found the next math book we are going to use.  I still need the teachers books AND tests, but it's a start.


I don't know about you, but I can't wait to do this stuff!
Again, I'm not sure we will do these books, but these were like $1, so I had to pick them up.


Not sure about these books either, but at $0.50 each, it was worth putting them on my shelves.


I thought this looked like a fun high school elective.


This curriculum isn't super colorful and fun, but I think
we can still learn from this.  Not to mention, sending my
sheltered homeschooler out into the world with this
knowledge is probably a good thing.

I was just looking at this in my curriculum sale catalog.  I think she may be interested in Psychology as electives in college.  I like how this prepares "Christian homeschool students for psych 101."


Again, not super fun and colorful, but a
great high school elective.
Then we went to Five Below and I went straight for the book section.  I found these for when we do high school biology.  Kara hates learning about "guts," so I thought these would be good references while we study that.






We went to a few other places, including At Home.  I found a great picture for an empty wall in my living room, but I need to work on a cool frame first, so I don't have a picture of it for you yet.  I also found a ton of black and white polka dot stuff on clearance that had to be mine!


What a fun, hot, epic, sweltering, hilarious, humid day.  All of it wouldn't have been nearly as fun without Merideth.
Here we are at dinner - makeup sweat off and
cute hair up in a ponytail.  We have been
friends for 8 or 9 years now.

Comments