Thursday, June 5th


We had a fun day today. Kara slept in until 9:45 - how fun for me! After eating breakfast, we walked to my parents' house to go swimming. My dad was there on a long lunch break mowing the lawn and we were able to have lunch with him. Kara broke in her new "special suit," which is a bathing suit with built in floaties that will help her learn to swim. We have a long way to go, but she can kick and move her arms, which really helps, and today's big accomplishment was holding onto the side of the pool. With her special suit on, she can hang out there by herself for quite a while. She really feels like a big girl and LOVES the independence. After lunch we got back in the pool until her lips were blue again and the shivering continued (which didn't take very long, even though the pool is 77 degrees and it was a thousand degrees outside). :-) On the way home we stopped by the playground and played on the swings with some big boys who just got off their school bus, which Kara thought was so cool, and they all told me their ages - 5, 6, and 8. :-) After that, we headed home in the stroller and collapsed in a sweaty mess in my air conditioned house. Kara kept asking me to put down my water and coleslaw and give her hugs, then she wouldn't finish her juice and said she wanted to go night-night now. That was fine with me! She went to bed at 1:30 and I had to wake her up at 5:00 so we could go to dinner at Friendly's. Then Michael took her to Bass Pro Shops where they saw the big "fishies" in the aquarium and she was in bed by nine. It was full and fun! Enjoy the pictures and videos!

Comments